Job Title: Production Operator
Contract: Full time 6 months (Temporary to Permanent)
Hourly Rate: £10.00
AJ Connect is truly excited to be exclusively retained with Brodies 1867, part of the Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group to appoint 3 Production Operators. Based in their state-of-the-art manufacturing unit in Musselburgh. This role Initially will be 6-month contract period with the opportunity to go permanent thereafter for the right individuals.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be helping to make tea, coffee and chocolate products supported by the guidance and supervision of experienced members of the production team. Teamwork is key – You will be part of a small production team, and this means getting involved, working together, and caring for your teammates.
The Responsibilities will include:
- Following training, adjusting, and monitoring roasting, packing, and filling equipment. Attending to machines so they operate correctly and produce the desired results
- Investigating, making adjustments to improve operational efficiency
- Adhering to cleaning and maintenance schedules to prevent problems by keeping machines in good working order
- Machine Administration – Logging any action inclusive of all service requirements or breakdowns
- Maintaining accurate machine record keeping.
Inspecting Finished Goods:
- Inspecting on a timely and agreed schedule
- Acting as Quality Control by examining output to ensure finished goods adhere to agreed standards
- If a defect is identified, troubleshooting where the error is occurring and rectifying in order to eradicate future faults.
- Operating to agreed output goals, ensuring sufficient quantities to meet delivery / order fulfilment obligations.
Maintain a Safe Environment:
- Abide by workplace and governmental guidelines (Safe systems of Work) to reduce the chance of injury to themselves and others
- Production operators should be comfortable operating roasting, filling/bagging machines subject to suitable training
- Wear proper safety gear (PPE) as required and operate a ‘Clean As You Go’ policy in their area.
- Operators are willing to train on new equipment or techniques and may also be assigned to get new hires ‘up to speed’
- Able to absorb and to explain things thoroughly, monitoring newer employees progress as required.
- Collating and filing production records
- Ensure all processes and procedures are documented
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to all processes and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience of coffee roasting, filling/bagging machines would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of basic food hygiene and quality systems
- Ability to do repetitive tasks; detail-oriented; understanding of industry and safety standards
- Physically fit
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- A team player who integrates easily and communicates positively
- Able to demonstrate initiative
- Positive and resourceful approach to solving issues
- Organised with a methodical approach
- Computer competent. Production operators sometimes must enter data into the company’s system, keep track of inventory, maintain effective records
- Able to perform tasks with limited supervision
- Good timekeeping
- Takes pride in their work and reaching production goals.
If you are interested or know anyone interested, please contact me on 0131 378 5276 or alternatively via my email: [email protected] or further details.