Opportunity for an experienced Finance Officer to join an amazing Charity in the heart of Edinburgh.
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Edinburgh, City Centre – flexible and hybrid working
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Annual Salary: up to £30,000 + benefits
AJ Connect is delighted to be supporting a Charitable organisation based in Edinburgh city centre to appoint a Senior Finance Officer on a full-time, permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance professional who enjoys collaborating in a business partnering type role with the wider business, and who wants to contribute towards the growth and strategic financial goals of the Charity.
The key purpose of this role is to support the Finance Director with project accounting and income recognition. With a particular focus on ticketing and donation income, trading company, and event financial reporting.
Key responsibilities will be but not limited to:
Sales Ledger / Income
- Raise sales invoices as requested by the Senior Management Team
- Produce aged debtors reporting for review with the DF&A
- Reconciliation of customer accounts including Credit Control
- Income recognition of sales and donations using the CRM.
- Responsible for the trading company accounts – full profit and loss, and balance sheets
- Working closely with the Commercial Manager regarding cost of sales, stock management, and improving commercial income.
- Project reporting and prepayment / accrual journals for producing, creative learning, development, and marketing, working closely with the other teams
- Working closely with the Development Team to ensure receipting of income on the CRM system
- Inter-company balance sheet reconciliations.
Experience and Skills required:
- Strong Finance knowledge and experience in a similar finance position
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and develop effective relationships
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to regularly overcome obstacles and solve problems, whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team.
Perks and Benefits:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 4% matches pension contributions
- Access to staff discounts
- Cycle to work and Tech schemes
- Training and development budget
- Quarterly staff social events.
If you are interested in this opportunity or know of someone in your network that is suitable, please contact one of the AJ Connect team and we will be in touch!