AJ Connect is supporting one of the UK’s leaders in providing innovative construction and engineering solutions for clients within a variety of sector
Job Title: M&E Quantity Surveyor
Job Location: Central Scotland
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Around £50,000 DOE, 33 days Holiday, plus Pension and Private Healthcare choice of car allowance or company car
AJ Connect is supporting one of the UK’s leaders in providing innovative construction and engineering solutions for clients within a variety of sectors including Retail, Health, Education, Commercial and Utilities.
Working in the Glasgow office, the role presents a fantastic opportunity for an M&E Quantity Surveyor looking for new challenges within a well-established business with an impressive portfolio of clients.
Works are generally of a retail refurbishment nature on small to medium-sized fast-track projects on Frameworks with long-term Clients. Other works include Further education, healthcare, commercial offices, energy and utilities
The ability to handle multiple projects is necessary for this role.
Being able to take the commercial aspects of the project from inception to final account is important as well as receiving projects handed over from the estimating team.
To manage the contractual, commercial and financial aspects of frameworks and projects and to support the M&E operations team in delivering projects within agreed timescales and budgets whilst complying with company policy and procedure.
- To ensure effective written and verbal communication of all contractual, commercial, financial, corporate and operational issues within the area.
- Ensure information and documentation relating to contractual, commercial and financial issues are communicated as required by commercial procedures or contractual requirements.
- To carry out valuations and agree on applications for payment at regular intervals as set out in the contract documentation and in compliance with commercial procedures.
- To issue invoices, prepare project cash flow forecasts, manage payments as set out in the contract documentation and resolve debtor issues that may arise in compliance with commercial procedures.
- To prepare and agree on priced schedules of work utilising existing schedules of rates.
- To notify, price and agree on variations within required timescales as set out in the contract documentation and in compliance with commercial procedures.
- Prepare and submit regular and accurate cost/value reports in compliance with the laid-down commercial procedures.
- To manage the commercial aspects of subcontracts in compliance with commercial procedures. Includes obtaining quotations, evaluating tender returns, appointing subcontractors and issuing subcontract orders, valuing subcontract works and payment, issuing and responding to relevant notices and agreeing on subcontract final accounts.
- To be involved in the negotiation of prices and obtaining quotes for works, materials and plant as required in compliance with company procedure.
- Prepare a budget cost plan for each project and ensure schedules are completed within agreed timescales and that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately.
- To support the Operations Team to maintain project expenditures within budget and in compliance with administrative procedures.
- To control hours worked by monitoring timesheets and to maximise the efficiency of labour by controlling work hours and days to minimise overtime over the month.
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV