AJ Connect is collaborating with a distinguished higher education institution, for a Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager.
Job Title: Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager
Location: Edinburgh (Hybrid model – no mandatory days in the office)
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000 – 49,000
A unique opportunity has opened up for a Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager to join an Edinburgh-based Higher Education institution. This role is responsible for leading a team of financial analysts to provide essential, up-to-date, and accurate financial information to key stakeholders, including Finance Business Partners, the Head of Finance Business Partnering, and the Finance Director. The role is also pivotal in developing and creating new approaches to financial and performance reporting using the available systems and resources, driving process improvements, and responding to changes in end user requirements.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Finance Business partners in preparation of the regular and ad hoc internal financial information.
- Ensure accurate, consistent, and effective monthly internal financial reporting, supporting the Finance Business Partners team. Drive continuous improvement in the team to ensure value-added reporting for internal customers.
- Develop and implement a monthly schedule for the delivery of results and reporting.
- Improve the performance and efficiency of the finance analyst team by implementing service and system improvements.
- Focus on continuous improvement, regularly assess, and reassess financial reporting systems, and implement change management to adopt new reporting methods and workflows.
- Deliver TRAC and HESA returns to a strict deadline and leveraging their results for the use of internal financial reporting where relevant.
- Support the Financial Controller in maintaining a full financial accounting process.
Skills and Experience:
Professional qualifications and experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification required (ICAS or ICAEW) or equivalent (ACCA or CIMA) with sufficient experience.
- Experience of leading a team to change and deliver effective reporting across an organisation.
- Experience of producing monthly financial reporting and effective budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office software and an understanding of project accounting.
- Experience of producing group financial statements and consolidation is desirable.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of UK financial standards (GAAP and FRS102).
- Understanding and application of principles of preparation of VAT returns.
- Understanding and application of principles of preparation of Corporation Tax returns.
- Knowledge of Charity regulations is desirable.
Personal skills and attributes:
- Ability to facilitate process reviews and deliver improvements.
- Effective communicator and influencer with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills with proactive critical thinking and problem resolution focused on solutions, understanding strategy and operationalising it.
- Proactive and innovative in approach.
If you are interested in this opportunity or know of someone in your network that is suitable, please contact one of the AJ Connect team and we will be in touch!