AJ Connect is supporting one of the UK’s leaders in providing innovative construction and engineering solutions for clients within a variety of sector
Job Title: Electrical Estimator
Job Location: Glasgow
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Around £50k DOE. 33 days holiday plus Car/car allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare and flexible working.
AJ Connect is supporting one of the UK’s leaders in providing innovative construction and engineering solutions for clients within a variety of sectors including Retail, Health, Education, Commercial and Utilities.
Working in the Glasgow office, the role presents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Electrical Estimator to join this well-established business with an impressive portfolio of clients.
The successful candidate will provide vital estimating and commercial support to a very busy M&E operations team during an exciting growth period for the Company.
You should be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in estimating/ commercial functions within the M&E sector. Experience of working with the ‘Estimation’ software would be an advantage. A working knowledge of the IEE Regulations would be desirable, however, assistance will be provided where necessary.
The main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Negotiate and prepare quotations for works from first principals as required in conjunction with the estimating, surveying and procurement procedures.
- Produce estimates for established Framework Contracts from agreed schedules of rates
- Provide estimating and tender support functions predominantly in support of the Electrical operations team.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety at Work Act, Construction Act and the CDM Regulations as they apply at all times.
- Ensure effective written and verbal communication of all critical corporate and operational issues within the department.
- Advise the Estimating manager and other senior managers of any issues or opportunities which arise within the tendering or estimating process.
- Undertake surveys and complete reports as required.
- Attend training courses as and where necessary to ensure personal and team job skills keep pace with technical and business developments.
This role presents a fast-moving challenge that will exercise your creativity and commercial flair to the full to help develop constructive solutions and secure sufficient work in terms of value and type in order to meet the business’s objectives.