AJ Connect is supporting one of the UK’s leaders in providing innovative construction and engineering solutions for clients within a variety of sector
Job Title: Senior Electrical Estimator
Job Location: Glasgow
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Around £65k DOE. plus Car/car allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare and flexible working.
AJ Connect is supporting one of the UK’s leaders in providing innovative construction and engineering solutions for clients within a variety of sectors including Retail, Health, Education, Commercial and Utilities.
Working in the Glasgow office, the role presents a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electrical Estimator looking for new challenges within a well-established business with an impressive portfolio of clients.
The successful candidate will be able to highlight their skills in estimating and their capabilities to support an existing estimating team and work with a very busy M&E operations team during an ongoing growth period for the Company.
- You will be able to work on an estimating workload as well as supporting other estimators
- You will show an ability to get the best out of people and utilise resources in innovative ways.
- You will be able to produce reports on current success factors, market knowledge, and different ways of working.
- You will be expected to contribute to perpetuating the tender pipeline.
- You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in estimating/ commercial functions within the M&E sector.
- Experience of working with the ‘Estimation’ software would be an advantage. A working knowledge of the IEE Regulations would be desirable, however, assistance will be provided where necessary.
The main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Negotiate and prepare quotations for works as required in conjunction with the estimating, surveying and procurement procedures.
- Motivating and guiding the estimating team ensuring agreed service levels are achieved whilst performing daily tasks
- Value engineering: Alternative Specifications and spec busting revisions. Works with Managers to identify alternative Specification opportunities and provide spec alternative Value Engineering revisions.
- Identification of target price list and maintenance of competitor library.
- Develop key relationships with our merchant and supplier base to generate opportunities for increased revenue growth and value to our customers.
- Work with the Head of M&E & Commercial Director on the development of statistical/historical data analysis as required for benchmarking checks and provide sound Market analysis information.
- Overseeing the development and provision of daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Create and facilitates the roll-out of new processes, procedures, guidelines, systems and tools to the team
- Undertake independent ‘cold eyes’ review on current ways of working
- Reviewing and approving estimates for projects, including the Basis of Estimate (BoE). i.e. the underlying assumptions, methodology, logic and characteristics of an estimate and its construction.
- Undertake risk analysis assessment to determine the appropriate contingency level
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety at Work Act, Construction Act and the CDM Regulations as they apply at all times.
- Ensure effective written and verbal communication of all critical corporate and operational issues within the department.
This role presents a fast-moving challenge that will exercise your creativity and commercial flair to the full to help develop constructive solutions and secure sufficient work in terms of value and type in order to meet the business’s objectives.
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV.