Property management firm operating in Scotland and Ireland, is searching for a Development Inspector to join their Edinburgh team.
Job Salary – £35,000
Job Location – Edinburgh
Job Type – Permanent
Our client, a professional property management firm operating in Scotland and Ireland, is searching for a Development Inspector to join their Edinburgh team.
The Development Inspector is directly responsible for all contracts and contractors performing all work, including reactive repairs, scheduled preventive maintenance, landscape care, and advising on any bigger projects that may need to be completed in the residential market. This function is critical in ensuring that all developments are handled and maintained as if they were brand new.
The Development Inspector, in particular, is responsible for discovering and cultivating excellent working relationships with all permitted contractors that provide services to all developments in the portfolio and proactive engagement with contractors as part of the larger team. Providing regular feedback to the contractor on their performance with both routine and bigger restorative work.
Having direct ownership of the development, performing routine inspections (including common spaces and common grounds inside the property) on an assigned portfolio of projects in line with the specified inspection cycle. Creating customised inspection reports, being aware of and documenting shared interests, critical contractor information and contract specifics, development faults, past repair quality, and maintenance concerns.
- You are a terrific listener and have the capacity and desire to develop solid and trusted connections.
- You care about helping others and see the worth of values such as kindness, dependability, generosity, and honesty, and you want these to be a part of your workplace culture.
- Your time management is excellent; you are a natural planner, proactive, organised, and capable of prioritising and working to deadlines.
- You strive for perfection and take pride in your work. You are self-aware but eager to grow, and you are interested and eager to learn in all facets of life.
- You will have practical knowledge and competence in building and construction, as well as relevant legal and regulatory frameworks and compliance issues such as health and safety regulations.
- You will be familiar with construction and development component components and materials and will be able to properly compare them to plans and requirements.
- You will have led and managed remedial repairs, detecting faults and determining the best choices and related costs to remedy them. This includes the creation of a scope of work and/or specifications.
- You will be capable of keeping work records, monitoring progress, and delivering required reports, such as invitations to tender and tender reports.
- You will have prior experience working with contractors, engineers, surveyors, and other property experts.
- You work effectively in groups and can provide instances of your contributions. You prioritise outstanding client service and can provide examples.
- You must be a good face-to-face and telephone communicator, as well as a skilled business letter writer.
- You will have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, namely Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
- You will have a valid driver’s licence.
- Basic salary of up to £35k
- 29 days holiday,
- Death in service
- Company car & fuel card
- Flexible/condensed hours are offered.
Apply now or Contact Martyn Aitken at AJ Connect for more information