We are delighted to be partnering with Dragonfly to appoint a Deputy Head of Client Services, a direct marketing agency.
Job Title: Deputy Head of Client Services
Location: Edinburgh (Hybrid)
Contract: Full time, permanent
Salary: Up to £50,000 (Up to 30% bonus)
About the Role:
We are delighted to be partnering with Dragonfly to appoint a Deputy Head of Client Services, a direct marketing agency with a passion for printed marketing. Experts at delivering unmatched value and building relationships that last.
The main purpose of the role is to provide effective management of the client services team, maximising client revenue opportunities and ensuring Dragonfly deliver high level, proactive and efficient account management services.
The post holder will form part of the leadership team, working closely with the heads of departments and directly supporting the Head of Client Services to deliver Dragonfly’s department plan.
The role will combine account leadership, team management and business development responsibilities when required. The execution of these tasks ensures the smooth and successful running of the department, the satisfaction of our clients and delivers overall organisational objectives and growth.
- Developing and maintaining long term relationships with stakeholder level clients, adapting your style and delivery of communication where appropriate.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple client accounts and direct marketing campaigns, acting as the face of Dragonfly when engaging with clients.
- Understanding clients’ objectives and develop direct mail and marketing strategies that are aligned to the clients’ needs and goals.
- Efficiently manage client campaigns from brief to delivery, for example, interpretating client briefs, negotiating supplier quotes and ensuring profitability of each project within business KPIs and targets and upselling additional services where appropriate.
- Propose alternative creative and production routes to clients by proactively feeding back suggestions ensuring longevity and is aligned to the client’s strategy and expectations.
- Supporting new business opportunities through strategy recommendations, proposals and presentations to the client.
- Support the client services team to drive financial control of accounts, including accurate forecasting and review of client accounts.
- Drive client services team to always deliver added value, providing industry updates and insight to ensure we are providing first class support to our clients.
- Using knowledge and expertise to proactively anticipate and mitigate any potential issues arising within a project and support the team in growing their ability to do this.
Suppliers and Departments
- Work closely with the Senior Procurement and Production Manager to negotiate competitive and beneficial contracts with new clients and suppliers.
- The management and overseeing of data, creative, production and postal contracts and proposals, including relevant incentive schemes.
- Act as a key contact within the organisation for account management and industry knowledge (including ISMS, GDPR, Royal Mail, JIC, DMA, and suppliers)
- Support and contribute to agency growth via digital and omni marketing ideas and solutions.
- Champion safe working practices across the entire organisation.
- Champion effective environmental practices with regards minimising, reporting and recording of wastage in the organisation.
- Ensuring compliance with Dragonfly’s policies, procedures and guidelines, together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Promoting the Dragonfly vision, values, and strategic objectives, both internally and externally.
- Engaging with the company’s appraisal process, and demonstrate commitment to our values, behaviours and your continuous personal development.
- Responsible for planning and leading people across Dragonfly towards our goals and mission statement.
- Drive a culture of excellence across Dragonfly whilst acting as an ambassador that builds a climate of confidence across company.
- Use high level influencing relationships for the wider success of Dragonfly.
- Manage and lead people in a way that creates a culture of collaborative team working.
- Performing other reasonable duties and/or projects as directed by your line manager.
Key skills and experience required:
- Educated to University level in a relevant subject (or equivalent experience).
- Print and production knowledge to an industry standard
- Knowledge in delivery of campaign (i.e., postage)
- Strong communicator in all formats and competent in building professional relationships at all levels.
- Strong commercial acumen, with a proven track record in providing first-class customer care and service delivery within a similar role.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Ability to work under pressure and delegate effectively
- Competent in the concept and execution of direct marketing strategies
- Have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work
- Self-motivated, with a confident approach to projects, comfortable asking questions to develop solutions and meet requirements
- Ability to manage, prioritise and delegate workload effectively
- Proactively generates and delivers ideas to effectively lead the team
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- Experience within direct marketing, campaign management and project management
- Experience of working with and understanding client and production briefs
- Experience in planning, managing, and embedding campaigns
- Experienced in a wide remit of operational marketing activities
- Proven track record in providing first-class customer care and service delivery within a similar role.
- Strong background in print and direct mail services.
- Experienced in agency life.
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25.5 days holiday + 11 days bank holidays (6 days fixed/5 days floating)
- Hybrid working
- Discretionary bonus scheme up to 30%
- Mobile phone
- Birthday voucher
- Christmas present
- Anniversary gifts
- Seasonal treats and surprises
- Summer/Christmas parties
- Annual away day
- Discretionary Christmas holidays
- Half day Christmas shopping day
- Beverages and snacks! Alcoholic and non-alcoholic
- Costco card
- Long service benefits – additional holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care – tests and money off glasses
- Interest free travel loan
- Flu vaccination