Assistant Finance Manager
Job Title: Assistant Finance Manager
Rate: £18 – £22
Location: Glasgow (Hybrid working model)
Employment Type: 6 months Temp to Perm.
Industry: Charitable Organisation
Your New Company:
Our client stands at the forefront of mental health and social care in Scotland. With over 70 services operating across various communities, they’re dedicated to providing exceptional mental health social care support, addiction services, and employment solutions to those in need.
Your New Role:
In this pivotal finance role, you’ll be key in ensuring that the organization’s financial operations support their broad-ranging services. Working closely with the Finance Manager, you will contribute to the timely and accurate production of statutory and management accounts, financial forecasting, and planning.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily functions of the finance system.
- Handle month-end procedures, including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Engage in business partnerships with service areas, delivering reports, analysis, and participating in meetings.
- Contribute to the preparation of consolidated statutory accounts, ensuring compliance.
- Assist in the annual audit process and establish a strong rapport with external auditors.
- Manage Quarterly VAT Returns.
About the Ideal Candidates:
We’re seeking individuals who are not only skilled in finance but are also deeply committed to the mission and values that drive charitable organizations, especially in the realm of mental health and social care.
- Hands-on experience with a multi-ledger computerised accounting system.
- Acquaintance with FRS102.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and finance software tools.
- Robust communication capabilities.
- An aptitude for juggling multiple tasks and breaking down intricate information.
The Benefits & Culture:
Hybrid work model, splitting time between the head office in Glasgow, and Homes. Occasional travel to different services across Scotland might be necessary. As part of the role, you’ll be in a culture rooted in care, empathy, and community impact.
How to Apply:
If you would like to find out a bit more about this role, please apply with your CV and Martyn will be in touch.