Accounts Payable opportunity with a leading testing, inspection, and certification organisation in Edinburgh.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Representative
Location: Newbridge, Edinburgh – flexible and hybrid working
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Annual Salary: up to £26,000 + benefits
AJ Connect is delighted to be partnering with a global testing, inspection, and certification business to appoint an experienced Accounts Payable Representative for their dynamic team in Edinburgh.
You will be accountable for the task of Accounts Payable duties across multiple labs and locations.
This position plays a crucial role in the daily upkeep of accounts payable, fielding phone calls from vendors and laboratories, ensuring invoices are entered into accounting system, payments made within acceptable timeframe, and other duties as assigned. This position partners with AP Team Lead and team of AP representatives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain effective relationship with vendors
- Analyse accounts, obtain missing invoices, and address discrepancies
- Build rapport with assigned business units
- Paying vendors via our banking system
- Overall knowledge/partner of assigned and their vendors for AP related topics.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Significant experience in multi-site/location accounts payable support
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders – managers, peers, and external vendors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as invoice amounts, payment terms and cash balances and to apply concepts of basic math
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of accounting and financial principles
- Demonstrable problem resolution skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Proficiency with accounting software systems
- Ability to remain calm when faced with deadlines and multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to function as part of a team.
If you are searching for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to contribute to the growth of a leading company in the industry, we would love to hear from you!