An opportunity for an Accountant the world’s fastest growing testing, inspection, and certification business based in their Edinburgh HQ!
Job Title: Accountant – 12 Month FTC
Location: Edinburgh – flexible and hybrid working
Contract: 12 Month FTC, full-time
Annual Salary: up to £50,000 + benefits
AJ Connect is delighted to again be partnering with a leading Testing, Inspection, and Certification business to appoint an Accountant into the Global Business Services team on a 12 month FTC, with hybrid and flexible working available.
Reporting to and working closely with the Financial Accounting Manager within Built Environment you will support the Operational Finance Managers, and General Managers with month-end, P&L, balance sheet reconciliation, cash flow forecasting, and variance analysis. You will also host a quarterly meetings with your key stakeholders to discuss the balance sheet of the business unit.
This role would suit a Senior Finance professional who is inquisitive, has the ability constructively challenge processes to increase efficiencies, and is excellent at managing and developing relationships.
Key responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Month-end management accounts preparation
- Review and posting of accruals & prepayments
- Payroll, sales adjustments
- Review, challenge & posting of operational finance manager journals
- Upload of P&Ls, Working Capital and Aged Debtors information into Group Reporting Systems and ensuring reconciliation to GL
- Prepare & Review month end reconciliations and investigate and resolve any issues
- Inter-company accounting for group companies
- Support the planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes for European central functions
- Capital projects approval tracking and expenditure reporting
- Provide support to Finance Manager, Group Tax Manager & UK labs on VAT / statutory reporting as required
- Provide monthly reporting and analysis to Sector businesses and labs as required
- Provide KPI monitoring and reporting for the Reporting team
- Support of internal / external audit processes & ensure an effective control environment
- Ad hoc duties as and when required to support GBS finance applications and initiatives.
Experience and Skills required:
- Degree or professional qualification in accounting beneficial
- Will consider candidates who are qualified by experience
- Experience of working in a similar position
- Strong systems and accounting experience essential
- Navision / Dynamics AX / Dynamics 365 experience desirable (although training will be provided)
- European accounting experience desirable
- Teamwork and effective communication within a team
- Ability to challenge and question accounting treatments
- Self-starter, works own initiative and proactive
- Self-confident in their own ability and in their accounting knowledge
- Attention to detail especially regarding VAT and GL transactions
- Positive, can-do attitude
Perks and Benefits:
- Colleague resource networks – creating a sense of belonging and inclusion
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Smarter working
- Reward and recognition program
If you are interested in this opportunity or know of someone in your network that is suitable, please contact one of the AJ Connect team and we will be in touch!