AJ Connect is excited to collaborate with a distinguished marketing agency in the UK to find a Social Media Account Director.
Job Title: Account Director (Social Media)
Location: Glasgow City (Hybrid)
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £34,000 – £40,000
A premiere UK marketing agency is seeking an experienced and passionate Account Director to join the growing Social Media team in their Glasgow office. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic and creative individual to lead and manage a dynamic digital team and collaborate with their integrated marketing services, creative and PR functions. You’ll be part of an exciting journey delivering exceptional social media campaigns for a diverse client base in retail, tourism, property, professional services and more.
Reporting to the Head of Social, you’ll hold a senior and influential position within an expanding social media team. You’ll work closely with channel experts across all aspects of paid and organic social media and related services, ensuring that our day-to-day client commitments are met to the highest standards. You will engage in cross-functional collaboration with the PR, creative, marketing, and project management teams in their offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, and Manchester.
- Drive exceptional social media results for a diverse range of clients through strategic account delivery, encompassing social media management, audience engagement, crisis communication, and business development initiatives.
- Developing and deliver account KPI and KRAs for client and campaign activity that consistently push to deliver our best-in-class social media service.
- Work with the Head of Social in leading and supporting the social media team in delivering content across a variety of platforms.
- Work closely with other teams and departments to prepare and create integrated marketing activity for each client to sustain and grow client performance.
- Write and create engaging campaign and content proposals for both paid and organic activity across social media platforms.
- Briefing campaigns and concepts to our creative team to deliver effective social content and creative.
- Monitor campaigns, analyse and use the data to drive meaningful results.
- Managing and optimise campaign budgets and activity.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly reports.
- Develop relationships with key client stakeholders and influencers.
- Contribute to new business processes and play a role in the success and growth of the team and client accounts.
- Provide proactive solution for clients across various sectors.
- Contributing to the company’s own marketing by writing for the company blog and communicating the ever-changing world and opportunities of social media for the agency.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media trends, practices, and the supportive impact of AI.
- Get involved in the company TikToks!
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years industry experience and preferably 2+ years’ experience as an account director or similar role. Agency experienced preferred, but not essential.
- Proven track record creating and delivering social media strategies.
- Experience working with and supporting a social media team in delivering success.
- Experience in content prep, publishing, and management across social media channels.
- Experience working within an integrated comms environment.
- Experience in social media analytics and Google Analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate confidently and succinctly to clients at the most senior level.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Solid understanding of social media best practice.
- Ability to negotiate and work to deadlines.
- Highly organised and detail orientated.
- Results driven, with an unwavering drive to always meet goals and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, spelling, and grammar.
- Resilient, adaptable outlook and able to manage multiple work streams.
This is a fast-paced independent agency, with a collaborative and supportive culture and a real emphasis on helping every member of our team achieve their potential. They value energy and commitment highly. If you’re the right person for this opportunity, you can count on:
- A hybrid working model – the opportunity to work from home two days per week.
- A brilliant holiday allowance, including a day off for your birthday, a day off for charity work of your choice and a half day for Christmas shopping.
- Senior investment and time into your career development.
- Coaching, training, and mentoring programmes, with support for professional memberships and study.
- Free fruit every day, free bar every Friday and free pizza every month.
- Company pension scheme and life assurance.
- Cycle to work scheme / season ticket / parking permit loan.
- Lots of social events throughout the year and a company-wide Summer and Christmas party.
- An open, dynamic, and collaborative working environment.
- The opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best in the business.
- The best colleagues you could hope for!
If you are interested in this opportunity or know of someone in your network that is suitable, please contact one of the AJ Connect team and we will be in touch!