Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Musselburgh, Edinburgh
Contract: 12-month fixed term contract
Salary: £35,000 + excellent benefits
AJ Connect is delighted to be retained by our key client Brodies 1867 to appoint a Financial Controller on a 12-month fixed term contract, based in their Musselburgh office.
Brodies, established in 1867 by three enterprising Scottish tea merchants who had a vision to change the tea and coffee industry. In 2007, Brodies became part of the Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group. Massimo Zanetti was born in Italy to a family of coffee merchants, and his mission – to produce and supply great coffee around the world. Brodies teas, coffees and hand-crafted chocolates are now sold through the group to over 40 countries.
This is an exciting time for Brodies and the Finance team, about to embark on an Oracle implementation project to support the ever-growing business. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance and working closely with the Senior Management team in UK and Italy, you will play a critical role when providing financial accounting, administrative and reporting support to the business. Your duties will also include preparing budgets, maintaining reports, and completing management accounts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance professional to get exposure to all areas of an organisation while working within a high-performing Finance department. It will ideally suit someone with excellent Excel skills, confident working with large data sets and experience working within a manufacturing business.
Key responsibilities will include:
Cost Accounting & Analysis
- Develop and maintain a robust Production Cost reporting Environment
- Ensure that the Manufacturing and Stock accounting processes are controlled and accurate
- Gathering and preparing data to support business decision making
- Managing monthly cost reporting tasks, monitoring expenses versus budget.
- KPI Reporting
- Assisting with the preparation of Forecast and Budgets
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the HQ finance team
- Reviewing data reports for accuracy, proactively tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods.
- Preparing schedules for Payroll provider
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Fixed Asset Register and Machine Asset Postings
- Stock Valuations and movements
- VAT Returns
- Verify petty cash and records.
- Assisting internal and external audits
- Verifying balances in accounts and rectifying discrepancies
- General Finance Administration
- Completing bank reconciliations Posting daily receipts Verifying bank deposits
- Maintain a robust electronic filing and record keeping process
- Ensure all processes and procedures are documented
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to all processes and procedures.
The successful Financial Controller will have experience and skills including:
- Accountancy HND/Degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a finance team
- Experience of working within a manufacturing business is desirable
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills. Confident in working with large data sets and building complex models
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Highly organised with a methodical approach and with the ability to manage own workload
- Able to demonstrate initiative
- Ambitious, seeks to improve personal performance.
For this 12-month fixed term contract position you will receive a highly competitive package of £35,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity or know of someone in your network that is suitable, please contact Steven Jackson on 0131 378 0271 or email@example.com.